МАССАЖ- ТЕРАПИЯ ГОРЯЧИМИ КАМНЯМИ-(Hot Stone Therapy and Massage)
The concept of massage therapy using stones has been practiced in different cultures for many years. Tribal Healers and Village wise women used rocks from the riverbeds and warmed them either in hot coals or hot water. By then placing the hot stones on cloth on the body and arranging them along the energy points of the body, this would help to relax the muscles and reduce pain or discomfort, and therefore support the healing process.
Hot Stone therapy is technically termed as Geothermotherapy that is the use of heated stones and chilled stones to affect a chemical release within the human body. The placing of the stones is followed by a holistic massage, which results in a deeper and more intense treatment. This is because as the heat penetrates the body it relaxes the muscles.
The Benefits of Hot Stone Massage Therapy
With the application of water-heated basalt stones, hot stone therapy targets key points on the body, giving a deep massage that creates a sensation of comfort and warmth. Warm stones expand the blood vessels, helping to move blood faster round the body, sedating the nervous system.
- Deep relaxation, the warmth relaxes both physically and mentally.
- The heat from the stones is transferred to the body by conduction and it can reach up to 3 - 4 cm into the muscle.
- Stress is reduced, relieving mental and physical fatigue.
- Circulation is improved and muscles have an increased blood supply, improving function.
- Toxins and waste are eliminated more quickly.
- The warmth can relieve pain in muscles and joints.
- Tension in connective tissue is released.
- There is a deep comfort of receiving warmth on the body.
- The direct heat that hot stone therapy provides, relaxes muscles allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than with regular massage.
- A Hot Stone therapy massage expands the blood vessels and pushes blood and unwanted waste materials through the body.
It is said that one massage stroke delivered by a Hot Stone therapist whilst using the stones, is actually as powerful as ten normal massage strokes. The effects are thought to last ten times longer than a conventional holistic massage.
Hot Stones Therapy & Massage is suitable and beneficial for everybody, whatever the age!
A full treatment lasts for approximately one hour.