Psarou Beach area in Zakynthos Island
Porta del mar Beach villas are located over a private cove in the middle of Psarou beach which is placed between the communities of Alykes and Tsilivi, on the North-Eastern coast of Zakynthos Island. It is a peaceful area surrounded by the typical flora and fauna of the Ionian islands (olive groves, vineyards, citrus, flower gardens, vegetable patch etc).
Psarou beach is just 12 km northeast of Zakynthos town. This quite sandy beach has been awarded with the Blue flag over the last 10 consecutive years, thanks to its clean waters and its unspoiled natural beauty. It is very safe for all ages and ideal for swimming, snorkeling and canoing. In the summer months the waters are very calm until the evening hours. Some evenings, a moderate breeze blows from the North-West with a nice, cool aura to compensate for the high temperatures.
- Romantic walks along Psarou beach, stretching for more than 500 meters and the neighboring beaches of Amoudi, Alikanas , Alykes and Xigia.
- Interesting walks through the beautiful olive groves that cover an extensive area of hills, valleys and small villages, ideal for trekking and photography.
- Various rentals for a wide range of your holiday activities, such as: Horse riding, boat trips, water sports, fishing boats to rent privately and a lot more!
- Easy access to the famous Shipwreck beach or the unique Sulfa Beach “Xigia” or the stunning Blue Caves by a rental boat or our motor boat (after arrangement) for unforgettable boat trips in the most remote and unspoiled beaches of Zakynthos!
- Shopping evenings and night life in the nearby towns of Alykanas, Alykes and Tsilivi with plenty of supermarkets, souvenir shops, bars, night clubs etc.
- Within walking distance (50 – 200 meters from your villa) you will find many taverns, groceries and a bakery.
Best features of the location
Easy access to everywhere
Porta del mar is a short min drive from the main facilities and the nicest sight-seeings of the island. It is a 15 min drive from the main town (Zakynthos town), a 7 min drive from the little towns Tsilivi or Alykanas and a 30 min drive from the very North of the Island (Shipwreck, Blue caves).
Peaceful and quite
Even in the busiest months of the season, the location is quiet, family friendly and peaceful.
Blue Flag awarded
What is the Blue flag? The Blue Flag is a certification that a beach or marina meets its stringent standards for water quality, safety and general environmental management criteria. Read more
Shallow waters(first 50m), clean, jellyfish-free, quiet waters, sandy beach, all make it perfect for the small children.
Clean, calm, safe waters, perfect for swimmers.
An amazing world underneath to explore with your snorkel. Seashells, starfishes, octopuses all around.
Nearby road directions from Tsilivi (6km)It' s getting a little confusing as you approach Porta del mar, but we are confident you will get there!
Distances from Porta del mar villas beach resort
- Nearest sandy beach: a few steps from your door : ).
- Μini-markets: 150m.
- Zakynthos town and main port: 12 km.
- Alykes town(Super-markets, Pubs etc.): 5 km.
- Tsilivi town(Super-markets, Pubs etc.): 6 km.
- Blue Caves/Port to Kefalonia: 22 km.
- Zakynthos International Airport: 15 km.
Road directions from Zakynthos Airport
Please find below the link with road directions from Zakynthos National Airport to Porta del mar beach villas. Please note that the following route is the one we recommend you to follow. It is the easiest one. Nearly a mile from the villas we have placed 3 road signs writing "Porta del mar stone villas". In case you find any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Flights to Zante Island
Weekly Charters fly direct from several European cities like London, Manchester, Wien, München, Frankfurt etc.
Check your nearest direct flight(marked with green) in the Skyscanner tool below!
If you can not fly directly, you can always travel VIA ATHENS, first to Athens International Airport(www.aia.gr), and then take an 1-hour flight to Zakynthos with Olympic Air. From Athens International Airport, you can also travel by bus to Zakynthos, first to the Bus-station 'Kifissos' (Expressbus - every 30 minutes from the Airport) and then from the Bus-station 'Kifissos' to Zakynthos Island (4-5 connections per day, 5 hours trip).