Highlights of 2015 season
2015 was our 12th season since we built and run “Porta del Mar”.
Alike the previous seasons, 2015 was also a great success, thanks mainly to our guests who trusted their summer holidays to us.
We would also like to express our thanks for the support and loyalty of our staff: Antonia, Sia, Anna and Cleon, thank you so much and hope to have you back next season!
Above all, we treasure the friendships, kindness, happy laughter’s, great stories and memories created during the season.
We wish you all a peaceful winter!
Here are some of our best moments that are still so lively!…….
- May 2015: The “Penelope n Lynne” retreat group from England for the second time with us with amazing zumba dance, yoga, Pilates and a lot more!:
Then follows the Natalie and Steve’s wedding: We felt really happy to make their day so special in our venue!
May ended with Hanna, the surprise girl from London, who made us all dance to …. the end and Adriana’s family group, all the way from Canada!
- June 2015 started again with Penelope and Lynn with their second retreat group of the season, full of action, music and laughter!
Then we welcomed again our lovely repeat guests Jeff and Judith from Wales, Carol and Colin, Jannette and Bob’s sister, Alexey’s family from St. Petersburg, all invited and joined to our special event of the year for our family: Elina’s wedding to Robert!!!
- June ended with the arrival of a new Swiss retreat group for a week with emphasis on spiritual issues , organized by Maartje and Angelika. Both leaders of the group were so kind and helpful to us! They gave us some really easy and useful ideas…we do hope to welcome them again here soon!
- July was the months of the most multinational guests ever! We had lovely guests from all over Europe: Michael, Eva, Andrea, Frank and Maik from Germany, Lukas, Barbara, Hanspeter, Alfred, Karin, Christian and Brigitte from Austria, Martin, Kevin, Judith and Carl from England, Stelios from Turkey, Daniela from Roumania, Valentina from Bulgaria , Tamar from Israel and Csaba with his four boys from Hungary!!
They were all joined to and enjoyed an amazing Pizza Evening with choice of Greek music in the …. background that ended with a lot of dancing!
We had to organized many boat trips this month, following requests from nearly all our guest to unique and remote beaches around the island.
- August is the hart of our season. Many BBQ Evenings, Live saxophone music, Live guitar and bouzouki from Giorgos, Greek nights and full moon parties were among the many events that we were happy to organize with full participation of our guests!
Finally, in August we made our first “international” boat trip to neighboring Cephalonia island with Pavlina.
- September 2015 was the month of romance at Porta del Mar. Schools have started and it is the best occasion for couples to enjoy their holidays in peace. The evening events at fresco and the special nights had nothing to envy from August. The month ended with an amazing wedding group from Austria who had booked all 8 villas and trusted us to organize everything for them but most important their wedding party that lasted to the …small morning hours….
- October is the last month of the season and we had the honor to welcome many repeat guests that take advantage of the nice and worm days of autumn combined with the off season prices on the island.
The recently extended canapé, just in front of our bar/restaurant, was the usual evening gathering point of all the guests for a freshly cooked dinner.
The long joining tables formed an “international group” and we all had to tell amazing stories or play card games while Kostas behind the bar was serving his popular cocktails…